12 Crazy Garden Ideas
Not everything in your home or garden has to be functional. Do you have an eccentric side? Express yourself in your garden, or covert your existing home patio or veranda.. Here is a list of 12 crazy garden ideas…
- Garden art. An amazing array of garden figurines and ornaments is available in retail stores and online. Do it cheap and yourself by going to the local dump and car wrecking yards. Find unique pieces and colour coat as you wish. Decorate with flowers and other plants. His and hers toilet garden pots — a great way to use old and discarded porcelain. Fill with soil and plant what you wish. Many a used item can be converted for a great garden talking piece.
- Garden walls. Make the most of your space with grass growing on outdoor walls. Non-horizontal growing techniques are readily found and easily implemented. Great ways to insulate.
- Coloured themes. Choose singular colours for foliage and flowers. A blue garden or a white only garden can have amazing effect and impress.
- Rock gardens. The perfect low maintenance garden with stunning results. Great for arid locations where water consumption is costly and not environmentally appropriate.
- Night gardens. Most gardens are only enjoyed in the day. Use simple solar powered lighting to light up and highlight your garden every night — powered by the sun. A large array of small lights can create a magical environment.
- Chess and other boardgames. Use imitation grass or paint or dye grass to create the board game of your choice. Use simple light weight items as your pieces. A great way to enjoy the outdoors.
- Maze. Either for style and just pure elegance, a garden maze can add excitement. A great way to keep children happy and entertained. An excellent option for those with large open space and short of ideas.
- Entertainment island. Make your dining table or relaxation area an island surrounded by water filled with fish and water lilies. Islands can be reached by small bridges. A floating pontoon for the most extreme relaxation island.
- Hanging vegetable patch. Short of garden space and want a vegetable patch and pergola too? A variety of hydroponic growing techniques and tools are available to get your vegetables out of the ground and up in the air. A great talking point and you will always know when your vegetables are ready for picking.
- Indoor garden. For those who really love nature but don’t enjoy the elements. Indoor sky-lighting, hydroponics and simple to follow indoor growing techniques and you can bring the outdoors in.
- Container based. Great for those who move regularly or just don’t have the available earth. A great way to have a garden on an apartment balcony. Use coloured container combinations to spice up any bland area. Wine barrels cut at different heights are perfect.
- Giant. Incite imagination and wonder with strictly only planting large flowers and adding only over-sized items to your garden.
Gardens can be wonderful places to spend our time away from electronics and a space to find peace. Inspire your thoughts, find a place of serenity and create a unique and interesting garden in places where you couldn’t have thought of before.